Russian Women and Ukrainian Women Seek Their Husband in Western Countries – Why Are They Doing so?
Thousands of Russian women and Ukrainian women seek their husband in western countries. It’s a well know phenomenon often referred as “Russian mail order brides”.
Here are 8 of the main reasons why so many Russian and Ukrainian women,
so called “Russian mail order brides”,
are seeking to become the wife of a “western man”:
- Russian women are traditionally family oriented. Creating a family and sharing harmony in a healthy family life is a top priority.
- They cannot find a partner with similar values locally. Most available men won’t engage in serious relationships.
- Despite their high education and ability to develop interesting careers, Russian women will always put their family first. They simply seek a man to share these ideals with.
- The latest census shows that there are approximately 10 millions more women than men in Russia and former USSR.
- Since many of the men find work in the bigger cities, smaller cities and rural areas sometimes have a ratio of 3:1 to 6:1 women versus men seeking a life partner.
- A typical Russian woman dreams of creating a family and being a beautiful wife at the age of 20. As she goes in her mid twenties and sees that her chance to find her “prince charming” in her own country are diminishing drastically; she begins seeking a future husband outside her native country.
- A similar phenomenon occurs in western countries in the opposite way: men are seeking a family oriented wife without success.
- While finding a life partner from another continent through newspapers was a very difficult task in the mid 1990’s, the internet brought a whole new dimension to “international matchmaking” and now allows women and men from distant countries to find each other easily.
These are the main reasons why each year, thousands of Russian and Ukrainian women register with local marriage agencies and use international matchmaking services. It gives them the possibility to seek suitable life partners from the USA, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, France and Norway among other “western countries”.
Over the years, many people have used this “Russian mail order brides” phenomenon in a wrong way known as “dating scams” causing Russian women seeking a foreign husband to be labelled as scammers. The vast majority of Russian women seeking a western man for husband are doing so for sincere reasons: simply creating a happy and healthy family.
Russian women live in the largest country on earth, have a very rich heritage and are proud to be Russian. Leaving their family and friends for a man who often lives thousand of kilometres away is a very big decision. It’s natural that they wish to meet a decent man, with a good job and who will provide security to their new family.
Russian women become the wives of thousands of men every year. While this demographic and cultural situation will not likely change for many years, the phenomenon of Russian mail order brides seeking their husband in western countries is expected to keep growing well into the first half of the 21st century.
About the authors
Alain Lalonde and Yuliya Kuneyeva are the co-founders of My Partner Forever. Together, they cumulate 45 years of experience in customer service. They specialize in introducing Russian women, Ukrainian Women and Belarus Women to men from around the world. They currently work with over 70 marriage agencies throughout former USSR providing a full range of services to assist their clients with traveling plans to meet women in most parts of Belarus, Russia and the Ukraine.